Innovative and sustainable methodologies were developed and applied in response to the parks limited accessibility for machinery and the requirement to retain and treat sediment on site.
AWLQ used a small dredge to pump sediment from habitat ponds into geotextile sediment bags.The sediment was ameliorated and contained whilst forming terraces to adjacent exposed batters. A vertical bio-filtration system was built in the Top Dam to filter water pumped from the lower Ring Dam. Filtered water returns to the Ring dam via an attractive creek.
- Sediment removal, amelioration & containment
- Construct bio-filtration system
- Install pumping and reticulation system
- Creek formation and improvement
- Improve aesthetics and habitat value
Year: Apr 2014 – Dec 2014
Client: Department of National Parks Qld
Value of Works Portion: $310,000